-->
 

Making Money Online: Watch this video see the proof!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ideas: Amazing Race Valentine

Amazing Race Valentine
My girlfriend loves the show Amazing Race, so I decided to mix a few elements of the show in with my Valentine's Day plans last year. I came up with a rather elaborate plan to make sure every portion of the entire evening had an element of surprise to it. I started by telling my girlfriend to meet me at my house, but she was greeted instead by a single rose with a romantic poem and directions to one of our favorite restaurants. I'd gotten to the restaurant ahead of her to put our name on the list. By the time she arrived, there wasn't too much of a wait left. At the end of dinner, I gave her another single rose with another poem attached along with directions to our next stop. She read that while I drove ahead. That stop was really just a midpoint to the movie theater, a parking lot outside a tavern. I wanted to drag out the surprise as long as possible. I stood there with a third rose and poem and directions to the theater, which I handed to her and quickly sped off. After the movie, she got yet another rose, poem, and directions, this time to a coffee place. When she arrived at the coffee shop, instead of going in, I told her that it was really just another midpoint. I gave her a fifth rose and poem, then had her put on a blindfold while I drove her to our final stop for the evening, all the while hinting that this would be the last stop before we'd go back to my place. The final stop was just down the road. I helped her out of the car and through the door, down the hall, then into the room. I lit the candles and grabbed the 6th rose, read her the sixth and final poem for the night, the sweetest of them all, and then let her remove her blindfold to see that I'd gotten a hotel room with a Jacuzzi for the night. The rest of her first dozen flowers were strewn around the Jacuzzi, which I'd filled with water earlier in the day, with silk rose petals and floating candles. And there were a second set of roses in a vase on the table. She's in charge of planning Valentine's Day this year! :)
--submitted by Paul

No comments: